General Service Badge 2nd Type
From the Collection of Geelong RSL Sub Branch 50 Barwon Heads Road Belmont Victoria
- An oval shape badge, gold colour, a crown, tri service in the middle.
- 2.02 cm x 3.05 cm
- general service badge 2nd type, gold colour
- This medal is the General Service Badge 2nd Type.
This medal was introduced in 1946 and issued to personnel who volunteered for overseas service but were retained in Australia for home service, members of the Naval Reserve who were not mobilised, those mobilised who do not qualify for the RAS.
- circa 1940's
- Amor (Creator)
- These Badges were introduced and issued to those volunteers who did not qualify for RAS. This badge is an original.
- One the Frodnt - Service Australia
On the Back - 1948, Issued by Cwlth Govt, AF 16861, Amor Sydney.
- 17 Apr 2017 at 2:00PM