From the Collection of Orbost & District Historical Society Ruskin Street Orbost Victoria
- A white/cream sheet of paper folded in half. It has black print "ORBOST YOUNG FARMERS CLUB DEBUTANTE BALL 5th OCTOBER 1973 President Mr Colin Granter Secretary Miss Helen Codey". Inside are lists of the official party, flower girls and debutantes with partners.
- H-204mm W-167mm
- dancing ball debutantes-ball
- Young Farmers is a network of clubs for young people aged 16 to 30. Young Farmers helps people meet new friends, improve skills, participate in their community and
have fun. Activities range from weekends away to casual BBQs, field days, balls, farm tours and team events. (ref. Victorian Young Farmers Inc.)
Traditionally a debutante ball was held for debutantes to formally come out into society. Debutante balls continue to have a devout following in parts of Victoria, particularly in smaller regional areas.
- Orbost Young Farmers Club (Maker)
- Community dances/ balls are an important part of Orbost's social history and this item reflects that.
- 3 May 2017 at 4:18PM