From the Collection of Geoffrey Kaye Museum of Anaesthetic History ANZCA House 630 St Kilda Road Melbourne Victoria
- Black rubber mask attached to a black concentina bag with a round metal filter at the end. Sits in its original wooden box with perspex lid. Instructions of use displayed on each side of the box.
- 2107.1a [Box] 24.6 x 18.6 x 17.5, 2107.1b [Lid] 23.6 x 17, 2107.2 [Resuscitator] 21 x 15 x 15
- resuscitator, porton
- The Porton resuscitator was devised in 1951 at the British Chemical Defence Experimental Establishment in Porton, Sailsbury, as a bellows-valve-mask resuscitator. Extensive testing was undertaken over eight years, with the device being successfully used for air transport of polio patients, for emergency resuscitation in hospital wards, and by hospital orderlies.
- [white print on black rubber concertina bellows] PR 504 / P.B.C. 22 / - SEPT 1962
- 26 May 2017 at 2:54PM