Stories Organisations Projects About Login

Article - Church History - Watsonia Uniting Church

From the Collection of Greensborough Historical Society 34 Glenauburn Road Lower Plenty Victoria

Description
8 p. typescript and col. photographs, accompanied by clippings from Diamond Valley Leader and Heidelberg Leader 14/06/2017, and an 8 p. leaflet of Service of Closure.
Size
A4 and A5
Object Registration
4625
Keywords
watsonia uniting church
Historical information
The Watsonia Methodist Church, also known as Watsonia Uniting Church, Gresswell Uniting Church and Watsonia Worship Centre, was established 30/01/1957, and closed 18/06/2017. The article is by GHS member Rosie Bray, also a member of the Church. She provides some background to the foundation of the Church in 1957 and photographs taken through the years. Rosie has included newspaper clipping of the closure and the booklet issued at the Service of Closure.
When Made
18/06/2017
Made By
Diamond Valley Leader (Publisher), Heidelberg Leader (Publisher), Rosie Bray (Publisher)
Significance
A short history of this Church.
Last updated
13 Apr 2018 at 10:22AM