Book - Stand Easy - After the Defeat of Japan 1945 Published for The Australian Military Forces by Australian War Memorial.
From the Collection of Lara RSL Sub Branch McClelland Ave Lara Victoria
- Green hardcover with light green text and picture of soldier. The spine also has light green text of title. The inside front and back covers have green art geometric patterns.
Illustrations, photographs, cartoons,
- 28cm high 22cm wide. 2cm deep
- blamey, nerve war, medical evacuation, 2nd australian corps, surrender of japan, bougainville, borneo, 5th australian division, 6th australian division, 7th australian division, 9th australian division, tarakan
- A collection of personal stories which extended from the collection of Khaki and Green. The service numbers have been used to identify those who have contributed to the content.
- Personal recounts and reminiscing of service by Army service personnel, after the Japanese surrender. The title 'Stand Easy' meaning that whilst there was a surrender the Army's task still continued. Contributors to this publication can be identified by their service number.
- 30 Aug 2018 at 11:34AM