From the Collection of Maldon Vintage Machinery Museum Inc Vincents Road Maldon Victoria
- Oswald pneumatic rock drill.
What appears to be an operating lever extending to one side.
Body only, no drill bits.
- L 104 x W 38 (with handle) x D 23 cm
- VMVM 96
- tools, machinery, metalwork, mining
- Estimated second half to late 1800s
- This was the first rock drill to be made in Australia and was made in Maldon.
It was used in the Carmen's Tunnel mine Maldon.
- Cast in relief on body "Late / R. D. Oswald / Maldon".
- 1 Jul 2017 at 4:22PM