The 3 photographs are of early residents of the Kiewa Valley who have pursued varying careers.
Pictorial history of early residents of the Kiewa Valley giving an insight into the accomplishments of some local residents ie: R Nicholls and T Hotter travelled from New Zealand to work in the Kiewa Valley. J.H. Thompson pursued a career as a police officer. W.M. Sloan and his father built the water wheel at Junction Creek.
1. Black and white photograph of Rod Nicholls and Tom Hotter, both of Mt Egmont New Zealand
2. Black and white photograph of J.H Thompson Former pupil of Mongan’s Bridge School
3. Black and white photograph of W M Sloan taken in 1880’s. Photograph is an oval within a larger rectangle
Inscriptions & markings
1. Handwritten in black pen on back of photo – Rod Nicholls (wearing hat) & Tom Hotter
Both of Hawera (Mt Egmont) New Zealand 1949 – 1950
2. Handwritten on the back of photograph in ink J H Thompson, A fond memory for Mrs. Fisher,
Everil & Paddy. Former pupil of Mongan’s Bridge school
3. Handwritten on back of photograph in blue ink – W M Sloan. He and his father built the water
wheel 1880’s on Junction Creek (Bakers)