Historical information

Built in 1780 as the Berwick for the East India trade. She was badly burnt in a fire and was bought and rebuilt by the navy in 1786 and renamed 'Sirius'. After her arrival in Port Jackson, she remained as a supply ship and sailed to the Cape of Good Hope in October 1788 to obtain food supplies for the starving colony. After returning she was wrecked off Norfolk Island on the 14th of April 1790. Being 540 tons and skippered by Captain John Hunter.

Physical description

Model of the "HMS Sirius"