Historical information

The Memorial Hall commemorates those who served in World Wars One and Two. The Hall was originally erected in memory of those who served in World War One. The foundation stone was laid in 1924 by the Governor of Victoria, The Earl of Stradbroke. The hall was opened on ANZAC Day 1925. On ANZAC Day 1952, a memorial stone was added to commemorate those who served in World War Two. The building is situated 14A Ferrars Place , South Melbourne.


The badge was struck in the mid 1920's on the opening of the Sailor and soldier's Memorial Hall, South Melbourne.

Physical description

Brass Badge Red and White Enamel with clasp on back

Inscriptions & markings

Front Sailors and Soldier's Memorial Hall South Melbourne Remembrance Hall Image on Front
Back J.W.Purvis (badge makers)