Folder - Investigation Committee reports regarding future and policy for St Kilda rd policy, 1970-1973
From the Collection of Deaf Children Australia 597 St Kilda Road Melbourne Victoria
- A black foolscrap folder containing typed minutes of meetings of the Investigation Committee which was set up to investigate proposals which had been suggested regarding a future land policy. The meetings were held between 1970 and 1973.
- 36cmH 27.5cmW 1.5cmD
- deaf children australia, dca, victorian school for deaf children, vsdc, st. kilda rd, the bluestone building
- Sitting on a prime piece of real estate, over time there have been discussions on the best use of the site. Whilst there is no longer any suggestion of selling the site, it's ongoing development is still being discussed.
Serious consideration was given to selling the St. Kilda Rd property to developers and changing sites. No indication is given for the rejection of this proposal, possibly in Board minutes of the time.
- started in 1970?
- This provides an insight into the pressures in the 1970s to sell the current site.
- On front label: "MINITUES -/INVESTIGATION COMMITTEE/P.I.P." handwritten
- 15 Sep 2017 at 2:29PM