Inscriptions & markings

Ballarat Trades Hall is registered by the Heritage Council of Victoria Designed by the Ballarat architects James and Piper, built in 1887-8, and continuously used since then as a meeting place and offices for Ballarat's trade unios, this grand Victorian Mannerist style bilding reflects the rowing status of organised labour in Victoria Victorian Heritage Register Number H0657