Photograph - Colour - University of Melbourne Old Law Building, 2010
From the Collection of Ballarat Heritage Services PO Box 2209 Bakery Hill Post Office Victoria
- Colour photograph of the windows of the Melbourne University Old Physics Building.
- university of melbourne, old law building, eight hour day, stonemasons
- Melbourne University Old Physics Building (1889) was designed by Reed, Henderson and Smart. It later house the Univesity's Centre for Indigenous Education and a conference centre (2010).
- Clare Gervasoni (Photographer)
- A plaque on the wall of this building states:
In April, 1856 stonemasons woking on this building downed tools, marched to the city and inaugrated a movement which win the Eight Hour Day for building workers in Victoria. The victory became an international landmark in the history of the labour movement.
- 10 Aug 2018 at 9:16PM