Historical information

This glass has been issued to mark the end of the name of St. Ann’s College, Warrnambool in 1990 and the school’s amalgamation with the Warrnambool Christian Brothers College in 1991. St. Ann’s School commenced in 1872 and was then known as St Mary’s Convent of Mercy School, Wyton. The latter name was the name of the ex-John Ardlie home in which the school was then situated. There were eight foundation Sisters of Mercy. In 1888 the name was changed to St Ann’s School and in 1991 it amalgamated with the Warrnambool Christian Brothers College to form Emmanuel College.


This glass is an interesting memento of the year that the name of St Ann’s College in Warrnambool ceased to exist.

Physical description

This is a clear drinking glass in the shape of a goblet with a round base and an elongated body with a round opening at the top. The crest of the school is impressed onto the glass in gold outline.

Inscriptions & markings

‘St. Ann’s Warrnambool Omnia Vincit Labor 1872-1990’