From the Collection of Port of Echuca 52 Murray Esplanade Echuca Victoria
- This is a coloured photograph of P.S Betsy moored to the bank upstream of Echuca Wharf ( Victorian side). The P.S Pevensey can be seen in the background underway in front of the wharf. A man and a woman can be seen standing on top of the paddle steamer. The top of the boat is decorated with flags.
- H 9.00 cms X W 13.00 cms.
- colville, bob & betty, p. s betsy, shepparton, barmah lakes, sheahan, barry
- The P.S Betsy was built in the back yard of Bob and Betty Colville in Shepparton in 1966.. The Colville Family owned the Betsy from 1966 - 1993. It had a fibreglass sheathed steel hull and was powered by a 19 hp David Brown tractor engine. Barry Sheahan from Picola was the next owner. . He moored the P.S Betsy at the Barmah Lakes. Ref. ( Parsons, R; "Ships of the Inland Rivers." P. 54.)
- October 1978.
- The P.S Betsy is significant because it was built in a backyard setting, possibly by people who had never built a paddle steamer before. They also chose to fit the boat with a tractor engine .
- On back of photo are written the words Print made by Kodak Oct 78 M . On the boat the words Betsy can be seen.
- 26 Oct 2017 at 11:44AM