Stories Organisations Projects About Login

Black and white photograph

From the Collection of Port of Echuca 52 Murray Esplanade Echuca Victoria

Description
A black and white photograph of the P.S.Canberra coming downstream from the iron bridge at Echuca.
Size
H 9.00 cms X W 13.00 cms
Links
Object Registration
P000381
Keywords
p.s canberra, murray steam ship & tourist company
Historical information
The P.S Canberra was built in 1912 at Goolwa South Australia by David Milne. It was built as a fishing vessel. It was originally a steam engine, reverted to diesel, but was returned to steam in 1995. It is currently owned by the Murray Steam Ship and Tourist Co. and has operated as a tourist vessel at Echuca Since 1967. (Ref Parsons, R "Ships of the Inland Rivers " p. 58)
When Made
Mid 20th Century
Significance
The P.S Canberra is significant as it has operated as a tourist vessel since 1967, and continues to do so.
Inscriptions & Markings
On boat the words Canberra.
Last updated
26 Oct 2017 at 12:44PM