Stories Organisations Projects About Login

Black and white photograph - Scots Presbyterian Church Lake Bolac, circa 1890.

From the Collection of Lake Bolac & District Historical Society 2110 Glenelg Highway Lake Bolac Victoria

Size
18cm x 25cm
Object Registration
12
Keywords
scots presbyterian church, lake bolac, bluestone, methodist anglican, harriot, helme, muir, moffat, veale
Historical information
Scots Presbyterian Church, Lake Bolac. The architect was Mr George Harriot and it was built of local bluestone by stonemason Mr Helme and completed in 1878. The Rev. Mr J S Muir took the opening service. Mrs John Moffat and Mrs William Veale laid the foundation stone. It was furnished by the existing Kauri pews but the present pulpit is not the original. Both Methodist and Anglican services were held in the building in the early years.
Last updated
19 Nov 2017 at 1:30PM