Engineers Drafting Set and Case
From the Collection of Emerald Museum & Nobelius Heritage Park 5 Crichton Rd Emerald Victoria
- Mahogany instrument box with brass hinges, lock, and name plate. No key.
Insert tray covered in blue velvet lining pressed into grooves to hold each instrument.
Nickle silver instruments. Some items missing their bone handle.
Base of box contains ruler, protractors.
Lid has hidden compartment behind it, containing Japanese issued currency note from World War II.
- 23.5 cm long; 14 cm wide; 4 cm deep.
- mahogany engineers set, draftsmen's box, world war 2
- A mahogany engineers' set created prior to 1900. It was used by Allison Osborn Burrows, a chartered engineer, post-1900.
- Owner's label pasted inside lid, reading "A.O. Burrows, Esq. A.M.I. E. Aust., Chartered Engineer (Australia), 9 Kendall Street, Pymble, N.S.W."
- 17 Jan 2018 at 12:03PM