Oral History - RAAF Service History of Sqn. Ldr. Richard F. Overheu DFC & Bar
From the Collection of B-24 Liberator Memorial Restoration Australia Inc Corner Farm Rd & Princes Highway Werribee Victoria
- Paper printed transcript with plastic cover
- oral history raaf world war ii
- R. Overheu was in the RAAF from August 1940 until October 1945 and was a B-24 Liberator pilot between March 1943 and October 1945 in 380 Sqn. then 24 Sqn.
- This oral history is historical significance because it provides at first hand an account of the individual's experiences during World War II as a member of the RAAF. He trained at Point Cook and in Tasmania and saw active service during the Pacific conflict flying B-24 Liberator aircraft from Darwin.
- RAAF SERVICE HISTORY OF SQN. LDR. RICHARD F. OVERHEU DFC AND BAR U.S. PRESIDENTIAL CITATION RECORDED 1999-2000
- 13 Feb 2018 at 11:45AM