From the Collection of Orbost & District Historical Society Ruskin Street Orbost Victoria
- A light blue paper account with dark blue print from The Snowy River Mail, Newspaper and General Printing to R. Cameron.
- H-130mm W-205mm
- snowy-river-mail cameron-robert-pullar
- Previously published as The Snowy River mail and Tambo and Croajingolong gazette from 1890 to 1911. The Gippsland Courier merged with the Snowy River Mail when proprietor Lachlan Ross moved to Orbost in 1910. In 1999 the paper was acquired by the Yeates family when the Hollins family retired from the newspapers business.
The paper is still being produced by the fourth generation of the Yeates family as part of East Gippsland Newspapers. They also produce the Bairnsdale Advertiser, the East Gippsland News and the Lakes Post and the yearly publications East Gippsland Visitor Guide and the Great Alpine Road Touring Guide.
Robert Pullar Cameron was a Shire Councillor for many years. He married Penuel Hossack and had a family of James, Flora, Penuel and Alex.
- Snowy River Mail (printers)
- This item is an example of the early book-keeping of the Snowy River Mail newspaper and is a useful research tool.
- 18 Jan 2018 at 12:11PM