From the Collection of Orbost & District Historical Society Ruskin Street Orbost Victoria
- A small white paper account with black print from Maldon Private Hospital to Mrs Lovell. It has a yellow tax stamp.
- H-178mm W-116mm
- orbost-health maldon-private-hospital
- There were several small private hospitals in Orbost in the early 20th century. Babies were born at these private hospitals and mostly only a midwife attended as the doctor could be away on horseback treating another patient. As the new Orbost and District Hospital ( officially opened June 30th, 1930) developed and its facilities grew private hospitals closed.
- 11th March, 1934
- Maldon Private Hospital (Maker)
- By the 1930's in Victoria there was an increase in the demand for beds in public hospitals by those who found private hospital costs prohibitive and wanted the higher standard of care provided in public hospital . This meant that many small private hospitals closed. Maldon Hospital in Orbost was one of several which could not compete with the new Orbost public hospital.
- 18 Jan 2018 at 4:08PM