Photo Wallet - A. Bronkhorst
From the Collection of Warrnambool and District Historical Society Inc. 2 Gilles Street (south of Merri St) Warrnambool Victoria
- .1 This is a buff-coloured envelope with dark blue printing on the front and handwriting in black and blue ink.
.2 This is a blue and buff-coloured folder that once contained some photographs. The printing on the folder is brown and the photographer’s name is stamped on the inside of the folder.
- .1 W 14.5 cm. H 9 cm. .2 W 8.7 cm. H 14 cm.
- photography in warrnambool, a. bronkhorst, warrnambool photographer, history of warrnambool
- These two items come from the photography business of A. Bronkhorst who had his studio at 78 Koroit Street Warrmambool. No further information is available on Mr Bronkhorst. The folder contained copies of photographs of two funeral hearses. These were ordered by Jim Leahy who operated an undertaking business in the mid to late 20th century in Fairy Street (originally established in the 1860s as Beattie and Phillips). The business is now operated by the O’Sullivan family.
- Mid 20th century
- These items are retained as a memento of the Bronkhorst Warrnambool photography business.
- .1 ‘A. Bronkhorst Free Lance Photographer 78 Koroit Street Warrnambool’
‘Mr Lahey (sic)10 x £1-7-0’
‘6 of each 1/6 size’
.2 ‘Photo-Finishing of Quality Pictures to be Treasured. Kodak Film Made in Australia – Right for Australia’
- 19 Jan 2018 at 12:26PM