Historical information

Kenneth Joynson Flecknoe joined the Ballarat School of Mines Council in 1979 becoming its 11th President in 1981. He joined the Ballarat Courier newspaper in 1953 as company secretary, becoming General Manager in 1966. Flecknoe joined the board of directors in 1968 and was managing director from 1969 until his retirement in 1987.

Flecknoe was chairman of the Ballarat Broadcasters Pty Ltd (3BA), of the gateway Publishing Company which published newspapers in Ararat and Stawell and of the Ballarat Publishing Company which published Ballarat News, and was formerly deputy chairman of associated Broadcasting Services Ltd (BTV6 Ballarat and GMV Shepparton). He was also Chairman of the advisory board of Ballarat's St John of God Hospital.

Flecknoe's contribution to the Royal South Street Society, of which he was a past president, and a committee member since 1961, was rewarded with life membership. He was also a life member of the Ballarat Historical Park Association (Sovereign Hill). The Ballarat School of Mines building in Albert Street was named "Flecknoe" in 1991, three years after Flecknoe's death.

Physical description

Photographic portrait