Oral History - 356 Wings Over Salbani
From the Collection of B-24 Liberator Memorial Restoration Australia Inc Corner Farm Rd & Princes Highway Werribee Victoria
- Paper printed transcript booklet with central staples.
- 14.5cm x 21cm
- oral history raaf world war ii
- G. Piper was in the RAAF from December 1941 until March 1946 and was a B-24 Liberator pilot between May 1944 and July 1945 with 356 Squadron.
- This oral history of Geoffrey Piper is of historical significance because it provides a first hand account of the individual's experience during World War II as a member of the RAAF who trained at Benalla, Deniliquin,Essendon,Mallala,Long Newnton,Harwell and Kolar.He saw active service in the ACSEA Theatre flying B-24 Liberator aircraft.
- 356 Wings Over Salbani. Pilot Officer Geoffrey Charles Piper 410373. Royal Australian Air Force Date of Enlistment: 6 December 1941 Melbourne Per Ardua Ad Astra " Through Difficulties to the Stars" on a Printed map background.
- 13 Feb 2018 at 11:48AM