Oral History - Ed Crabtree and John Temby War TimeFlying Experiences
From the Collection of B-24 Liberator Memorial Restoration Australia Inc Corner Farm Rd & Princes Highway Werribee Victoria
- Printed label DVD disc in plastic cover.
- 12cm Diameter
- oral history raaf world war ii
- E. Crabtree was in the RAAF from February 1940 until May 1946 and was a B-24 Liberator pilot and instructor between October 1943 and March 1946.
- August 2014
- This oral history of E.Crabtree is of historical significance because it provides a first hand account of the individuals experience during World War II as a member of the RAAF who trained at Benalla and Point Cook. He saw active service in the Pacific conflict flying B-24 Liberator aircraft from Darwin. He is the second last person to fly B-24 Liberator A72-176 and has been involved in the restoration of the same aircraft since 1986.
- Three photos. Ed Crabtree and John Temby recount the restoration of Liberator A72-176 and share some of their war time experiences with David Smith. Interview recorded in August 2014. iA imaginACTION
- 13 Feb 2018 at 12:59PM