Historical information

Photo No. 1 - Junction Dam wall was commenced in February, 1940 and completed in March 1944. Type - reinforced concrete slab and buttress. Height 25.9m, and crest length 121.9m. Lewis Construction company had the original contract, but was replaced by the State Electricity Commission in 1942.
Photo No. 2 - Bogong Village was the first village built to house workers and their families working on the Hydro electric scheme. Construction commenced 1940. The single men's quarters are slightly right of centre on the foreshore. Lake Guy was named after a former resident engineer.


Shows the type of terrain where the village is located resulting in the tiered layout that was necessary in order to erect housing.

Physical description

set of 2 black and white photos -
Photo No. 1 - downstream view of Junction Dam Wall
Photo No. 2 - Lake Guy and Bogong Village.
Both are on photographic paper

Inscriptions & markings

Photo No. 1 - Upper right hand corner, back of photo, handwritten in ink or biro, Bogong 1950
Photo No. 2 - Left lower corner, front of photo in white, Bogong.