Set of 3 black and white photographs of Lake Guy, Bogong Village and single men's quarters
From the Collection of Kiewa Valley Historical Society Mount Beauty Information Centre 31 Bogong High Plains Rd Mt Beauty Vic
- 1. Black and white photo of Junction Dam Wall, Lake Guy and Bogong Village.
2.Black and white photo of single men's quarters at Bogong Village.
3.Lake Guy and Bogong Village.
- All photographs - 154mm x 112mm
- KVHS 1140
- bogong village, lake guy, secv
- Construction of Bogong Village was commenced in 1940 and was the Field Headquarters for the early part of the construction of the Kiewa Hydro Electric Scheme. In all, a total of 36 houses, medical centre, police station, trading store and primary school were built. As well, there was a hostel for staff personnel and prefabricated units, each 10 feet x 8 feet, with separate dining and recreational facilities for the worker's. This camp was closed in 1962.
- These photos show the type of accommodation, available in this period, as well as the benched layout of the village. The damage of the 1939 bushfires is still evident.
- 1.Back of photo, Left upper corner - K1334 Upper Right corner - mu (very faint)
2.Back of photo, Left upper corner - K1399 Upper right corner - 14 m
3. Back of photo, left upper corner -K1738 Upper right corner - 145 a mus
- 8 Mar 2018 at 9:23AM