Vegetable Bucket (Groenten Emmer)
From the Collection of Dutch Australian Heritage Centre Victoria 60 Rosstown Road Carnegie Victoria
- The metal bucket is enamelled in green on the outside and grey on the inside. It has a plain handle.
- H25cm x Diam.27cm at bucket opening tapering to 18cm at base.
- Vegetables buckets were used to collect vegetables from the garden, greengrocer or other supplier.
- The item speaks of a time when people either grew their own food or bought it from delivery carts.
- The word "GROENTEN" (vegetables) in white enameling underlined by 3 gold rings that go right around the bucket.
- 27 Feb 2018 at 11:42AM