Dress - Wedding Dress
From the Collection of Brighton Historical Society First Floor Brighton Arts and Cultural Centre (Old Brighton Town Hall) Corner Carpenter and Wilson Streets Brighton Victoria
- Ice-blue satin dress cut on the bias. The front of the dress features a finely beaded centre front panel which reaches from the neckline to the hem.
- betty cock, euston murray nutchey, beatrice cook
- Worn by Betty Cock when she married Euston Murray Nutchey at St Andrew's Church, Brighton, on 28 April 1938. The bride's great grandmother, Emily, was married in the same church 69 years earlier. The dress featured in the Australian Women's Weekly, 16 June 1965. See photos on file. Emily's dress is also in the collection.
- Beatrice Cook (dressmaker)
- Label, woven mauve on beige silk, centre back: Beatrice Cook
- 26 Sep 2018 at 3:00PM