Small orange tin with lid.
From the Collection of Dutch Australian Heritage Centre Victoria 60 Rosstown Road Carnegie Victoria
- A tall square tin with snug-fitting lid produced to contain 200gram "Dutch hail", a sugary product eaten on Dutch rusks or slices of bread; usually on celebratory occasions. The main colour is orange and it is also richly decorated with scenes recalling the 1945 Liberation.
- 13cmH x 25cm Circumference
- 5656 (a) and (b)
- WWII Liberation 50th anniversary
- The Dutch have never forgotten their debt to the Allied forces or the joy of the 1945 liberation.
- De Ruyter Oranje hagel. Ter gelegenheid van de viering van 50 jaar bevrijding in Nederland 1945-1995 (on the occasion of the 50th anniversary of the liberation in The Netherlands 1945-1995). There is also a list of ingredients that constitute the hail and other commercial markings.
- 4 Apr 2018 at 2:06PM