From the Collection of 8th/13th Victorian Mounted Rifles Regimental Collection Building 129 Carlisle Drive North Bandiana Vic
- Black metal casing with black clock face and luminuous markings and numbers and knurled adjustment knob, being 8 day clock from General Grant tank.
- 65mm diameter x 35mm
- 2/8th armoured regiment, general grant tank
- The 2/8th Armoured Regiment was raised in June 1941 under the command of Lieutenant Colonel W G Hopkins with officers and men selected from the wider AIF in Victoria. The regiment trained in newly arrived M3 General Grant tanks at Puckapunyal before moving north to Singleton, then the Wee Waa plains. The regiment sailed for New Guinea in April 1943 and carried out mobile defence to airfields at Port Moresby, Milne Bay, Dobadura and Popindetta. The regiment returned to Australia in February 1944 and disbanded as an armoured Regimemt and retrained as Nos 41, 42 and 43 Landing Craft Companies. They returned to the South West Pacific serving at Bougainville, Balikpapin, Lae and Wewak until the end of the war.
- Relic from an armoured fighting vehicle used in WWII (1939-1945)
- 10 Apr 2018 at 8:30PM