Book - On the Kiewa - Working & Raising a Family 1953 - 1963 by Gordon J. R. Smith
From the Collection of Kiewa Valley Historical Society Mount Beauty Information Centre 31 Bogong High Plains Rd Mt Beauty Vic
- Plastic threaded spine holding 282 pages with black and white photos. Front Cover includes 2 small black and white photos either side of the title at the top and below the title a larger colored photo of Rocky Valley Dam. Author's name is underneath.
- KVHS 1547
- kiewa hydro electric scheme, state electricity commission of victoria., gordon smith
- Personal account of Gordon Smith's life when living in Mt Beauty and Bogong townships while working for the SECV on the Kiewa Hydro Electric Scheme.
- 9th September 2005
- Gordon gives an account of both working and living during the 1950s and early 1960s in a remote part of Victoria - the Kiewa Valley and in 2 small construction towns. He gives a lot of detail eg. the weather, his work, the people, the activities, his family and leisure time.
- "Dick Puttyfoot" on cover page.
- 8 Aug 2018 at 4:59PM