3 small black and white photos of West Kiewa River and Tail Race
From the Collection of Kiewa Valley Historical Society Mount Beauty Information Centre 31 Bogong High Plains Rd Mt Beauty Vic
- 3 small black and white photographs
- Photo 1 - 63mm x 86mm, Photo 2 - 60mm x 85mm, Photo 3 - 62mm x 90mm
- KVHS 1147
- The No. 4 TailRace Tunnel was commenced in 1947 from the downstream end at Mt. Beauty. Difficulties were encountered and driving from the top end in a downstream direction was commenced in January 1950 and the breakthrough between these two headings occurred on 22d July.
- Historical record of the construction of the Kiewa hydro electric scheme.
- Photo 1 - on back in ink - 'Tour of area, crossing West Kiewa Branch Jan. 1949
Photo 2 - on back in ink - 'Kiewa Valley River - site of tunnel in rear. Dec. 1948'.
Photo 3 - on back in ink - 'No. 4 Tail Race Portal Mt. Beauty Jan. 1949'.
- 3 May 2018 at 11:10AM