18 small black and white photographs of the Bogong High Plains
From the Collection of Kiewa Valley Historical Society Mount Beauty Information Centre 31 Bogong High Plains Rd Mt Beauty Vic
- 18 small black and white photographs all taken on the Bogong High Plains.
- 9 photos - 90mm x 63mm. 1 photo - 85mm x 60mm. 8 photos - 87mm x 65mm
- KVHS 1148
- These photos of the Bogong High Plains were all taken by Ronald George Thorn who was a cadet engineer with the State Electricity Commission. He worked on the Kiewa scheme from 1948 to 1950 doing overhead line construction and maintenance plus electrical design and drawing work. They are from his personal collection and a record of his time in the Kiewa area.
- Pictorial history of personal involvement in the the early days of the Kiewa Scheme.
- Photo 1 Wallace's Hut. Photo 2 Ruined Castle - Looking towards Pretty Valley December 1948. Photo 3 Ruined Castle - Looking towards Pretty Valley December 1948. Photo 4 Ruined Castle - Looking Down Valley December 1948. Photo 5 - Mt. McKay from Ruined Castle October 1948. Photo 6 View from Rocky Valley Camp October 1948. Photo 7 Mt. Feather Top from Ruined Castle October 1948. Photo 8 View from Ruined Castle looking downwards towards Beauty October 1948. Photo 9 Rocky River from gauging station October 1948. Photo 10 Rocky Valley River from main road October 1948. Photo 11 View along little Arthur Fire Track October 1948. Photo 12 View along main road. Looking towards Beauty Valley October 1948. Photo 13 View from Little Arthur Fire Track October 1948. Photo 14 Frying Pan Spur from Rocky Valley Road October 1948. Photo 15 Mt. Bogong from Big Hill Fire Track October 1948. Photo 16 View from Big Hill Fire Track October 1948. Photo 17 Mt. Feathertop from Ruined Castle October 1948. Photo 18 Mt. Fainter from Ruined Castle October 1948. (All of the above is hand written on the back of photos in ink).
- 6 Aug 2018 at 3:01PM