Historical information

The school badge was sewn onto the straw hat in summer and the navy blue felt hat in winter, making use of the voids in the badge to pass thread through. This badge shows the name Strathmore, which was added to the school name, officially Strathmore Williamstown Grammar, by Principal Mabel Molland in 1914. When the school name reverted to Williamstown Grammar the hat badge remained the same with the word Strathmore replaced by the word Williamstown. This badge was donated by a past student who wore it in the 1950s.

Physical description

Oval shaped enamelled brass badge with a central white symbol representing a bishop's mitre above a blue banner with the school motto, AGE QUOD AGAS. The mitre and motto are surrounded by voids and encircled by a blue belt with words STRATHMORE GRAMMAR SCHOOL.

Inscriptions & markings

Makers Mark: WEBB MELB