Hat - Top hat
From the Collection of Brighton Historical Society First Floor Brighton Arts and Cultural Centre (Old Brighton Town Hall) Corner Carpenter and Wilson Streets Brighton Victoria
- Black plush silk top hat with cream silk lining and leather and padded cloth interior bands. Black wool band.
- top hat, silk plush, men's wear, nineteenth century
- Established in 1773, Christys' still manufactures men's hats.
- late 19th - early 20th century
- Christy & Co (Maker)
- Label, printed in blue on crown silk lining: ENGLISH MANUFACTURE / CHRISTYS' LONDON'
- 25 Sep 2018 at 1:49PM