Historical information

Thomas Harrison (1897-1981) was a leading Melbourne milliner from the 1930s. He began his millinery career in 1920, and by the late 1930s had a salon and workshop at 163 Collins St. He later moved the business to Toorak Road, South Yarra. He continued millinery work until 1975.

Physical description

Pink floral dome-shaped hat made up of silk and velvet pink hydrangea petals and mauve silk stems attached to a stiffened net base.

Inscriptions & markings

Label, printed black on white acetate, centre back: THOMAS HARRISON