Historical information

The picture was possibly taken for the opening of the tennis court Saturday 18 September 1926.
Lady Creswell was invited to officially open the court and about a 100 persons attended the ceremony.

Physical description

Photograph taken in 1926 on the tennis court of the Mission to Seafarers, 717 Flinders Street.
First plan are unidentified men turning their back to the photographer. On the court are two ladies wearing white tennis attire are playing double.
In the background the former Seamen's Institute, Siddeley Street, can be seen as well as the docks on Australian Wharf.