Documents - Warrnambool Race Course
From the Collection of Warrnambool and District Historical Society Inc. 2 Gilles Street (south of Merri St) Warrnambool Victoria
- These are seven documents relating to the Warrnambool Race Course:
.1 A manila folder with a handwritten title on the front cover and typed and printed material inside
.2 A sketch map of the Warrnambool Race Course produced on heavy quality white paper.
.3 Hand-drawn material on the underground drains on the Warrnambool Race Course produced on heavy quality white paper
.4 & .5 Longitudinal section of the main drain, Warrnambool Race Course, produced on heavy quality white paper
.6 Section of the drain near the fence and culvert of the Warrnambool Race Course produced on heavy quality paper
.7 A piece of paper giving the chainage of the Warrnambool Race Course in red handwriting.
- .1 W 21.5 cm. H 35 cm. .2 W 102 cm. H 68.5 cm. 3. W 44.5 cm. H 38.5 cm. 4. & .5 W 38 cm. H 46.5 cm. .6 W 46.8 cm. H 30 cm. .7 W 15.9 cm. H 21.3 cm.
- warrnambool race course, rolf crawley, warrnambool
- These documents deal with improvements in the 1920s and 30s (drainage, painting etc) to the Warrnambool Race Course. In 1854 the Warrnambool Racing Club was established and the first race meeting on the present day Warrnambool Race Course was held in 1858. These documents came from the office of Rolf Crawley, an engineer, architect and surveyor in private practice in Warrnambool and the engineer for the Shire of Warrnambool from 1935 to 1968. His grandfather, father and uncle were also engineers and worked in that capacity or as the Shire Secretary for the Shire of Warrnambool, with the Crawley family recording a total of 132 years of service to the Shire. The Shire of Warrnambool existed from 1863 to 1994. The documents came into the possession of Michael Hand who had taken over the private surveying business of Rolf Crawley in Warrnambool. The Warrnambool and District Historical Society acquired these documents and other Crawley material, from the Michael Hand estate.
- 1920s and 30s
- Rolf Crawley, Warrnambool (Maker)
- These documents are of considerable interest as they concern the Warrnambool Race Course improvements in the 1920s and 30s and come from the office of Rolf Crawley of Warrnambool.
- 17 Jul 2018 at 7:44PM