book - The School Paper
From the Collection of Orbost & District Historical Society Ruskin Street Orbost Victoria
- A collection / compilation of magazines called the "The School Paper". Binding is string and the back cover is cloth covered.
- H-230mm W-160mm
- education school-reader the-school-paper-1900
- "Having a monthly circulation of 211,670 copies, the Victoria "School Paper" is claimed by the Education department to form the staple provision for leading matter in the elementary schools." -( December 29, 1920, The Argus). In Victoria the Education Department's School papers were compulsory reading for children until the 1930s when the Victorian readers became compulsory and the School Papers supplemented them.
This one is for Grades V and VI.
- December 1900
- Department of Education Victoria (Maker)
- This item is an example of a school text book used in the very early 20th century. School textbooks reflect the development of education in Australia.From them we can understand what was taught and how children learned in Australian schools in earlier times.
- on front - "William Brown"
- 3 Jun 2018 at 6:22PM