Dress - Evening dress
From the Collection of Brighton Historical Society First Floor Brighton Arts and Cultural Centre (Old Brighton Town Hall) Corner Carpenter and Wilson Streets Brighton Victoria
- Strapless pink organza cocktail-length dress. Finely pleated bodice and skirt laid on to a heavy vilene. Decorated around the waist with pink organza flowers and two bands of pink satin, one around the bodice and the other around the lower part of the skirt.
- evening dress, 1950s fashion
- Belonged to Louris White whose wedding dress from 1948 is also in the collection. Louris and her husband lived in Brighton.
- Margeaux of Melbourne (fashion house)
- Label: printed black on cream acetate side front bodice: Original / Margeaux / REGD. / of Melbourne / IMPORTED FABRIC
- 17 Oct 2018 at 11:41AM