From the Collection of 8th/13th Victorian Mounted Rifles Regimental Collection Building 129 Carlisle Drive North Bandiana Vic
- Framed black and white photograph of officer wearing black beret with 8th/13th Victorian Mounted hat badge. Inscription panel on lower frame.
- 330mm x 275mm x 20mm
- The 8th/13th Victorian Mounted Rifles was raised as a regiment of the Royal Australian Armoured Corps on 1 May 1948 with Headquarters in Melbourne and squadrons in Sale, Benalla/Wangaratta and Albury. In 1955 Regimental Headquarters moved to Wangaratta and a second squadron was located at Albury. The Sale squadron transferred to 4th/19th Prince of Wales’s Light Horse. In 1977 8/13 VMR Regiment was reduced to an independent squadron A Squadron 8th/13th Victorian Mounted Rifles and in 1991 was linked with 4th/19th Prince of Wales’s Light Horse forming the VMR Squadron of that regiment.
- One of a collection of photographic portraits of Commanding Officers and Officers Commanding of the regiment/independent squadron from its inception in 1947 to its linking with 4th/19th Prince of Wales’s Light Horse in 1991.
- " Lt. Col. Hibberd ED EM 155 - 1959 "
- 24 Jul 2018 at 12:25PM