From the Collection of Warrnambool and District Historical Society Inc. 2 Gilles Street (south of Merri St) Warrnambool Victoria
- This is an enamel pie or meat dish. It is spherical in shape and is white with a blue edging. It is chipped around the rim and scratched on the base. There is a stamped imprint on the back with the maker’s name but only one word is decipherable.
- L 32 cm. W 25 cm. D 6 cm.
- This is a baking dish of the type used in the early to mid 20th century. Its contents could have been savoury or sweet. Enamel items were hard-wearing and often used in country areas or for picnics or outdoor eating. Enamel items have been largely superseded by the use of plastic, china and Pyrex materials.
- Early to mid 20th century
- This dish is retained as an example of a household item from the past. It will be useful for display.
- 24 Jul 2018 at 4:47PM