The Country Women’s Association of Australia advances the rights and equity of women, families and communities in Australia through advocacy and empowerment, especially for those living in regional, rural and remote Australia. The Country Women’s Association of Victoria was founded in 1928 and the Warrnambool Branch was founded in 1931. The branch has given assistance through the years to the Red Cross, Baby Health Centres, the Warrnambool Hospital, bush fire relief, mental health and aged care and it has regular displays of country arts and crafts. In 1961 the C.W.A. Centre and Rest Rooms were opened in Kepler Street, Warrnambool. In 2016 the group celebrated the 85th anniversary of its founding.
This booklet is of interest to researchers and others wanting a brief outline of the history of the Warrnambool Branch of the Country Women’s Association.
This is a small booklet of 12 pages. The front cover is white with black printing and it has a yellow back cover. The booklet has black plastic spiral binding. The pages contain printed information, photocopies of newspaper articles, a knitting pattern and other photocopied material. The booklet has been produced in-house by the Warrnambool Country Women’s Association.
Inscriptions & markings
‘Looking Back at 85 Years, the History of the Warrnambool Branch of the Country Women’s Association of Victoria Inc. 1931 until 2016 and Still Going Strong.’