Gramophone Record and cover
From the Collection of Tatura Irrigation & Wartime Camps Museum 49 Hogan S Tatura VIC
- Round black bakelite audio record. Gold coloured letting and His Masters Voice insignia in the centre around a central hole. This record is contained in a brown and green paper cover with dark green printing in English and Japanese.
- record Diam 24.9 cm; cover L 25.6 cm x W 25.7 cm
- chimara hsakusa, victor taling machine co., hajime kitamura, rain on willow, folk song, walter hamblin
- Famous Japanese singer Chimara Hsakusa, recorded as a commemorative issue for a willow tree planted in central Tokyo and thought to be 100 years old.
- Victor Talking Machine Co of Japan Ltd. (Maker)
- VE His Masters Voice trade mark reg.
Victor Orthophonic recording 52353-19
(4182) Japanese writing. Victor Talking Machine Co of Japan Ltds VE 4182. Reverse side the same except no 4275.
52353 A. Rain on Willow 4182
52353 B. Folk Song 4275
Interpreted by Hajime Kitamura. A Japanese journalist who visited the museum on 4 February 2006.
Inscription on cover reads Columbia Electronically recorded. New process. Record Columbia and Japanese writing. (front and back)
- 4 Jun 2019 at 1:48PM