From the Collection of 8th/13th Victorian Mounted Rifles Regimental Collection Building 129 Carlisle Drive North Bandiana Vic
- Regimental magazine of the 20th Pioneer Battalion AIF prepared and published following the Unit's return from Dutch New Guinea, and change of title from 20th Motor Regiment in 1945.. Sixty- Six pages, stapled at edge.
- 245mm x 180mm x 10mm
- The 20th Light Horse (Victorian Mounted Rifles) was raised in 1920 as part of the 3rd Cavalry Brigade, 2nd Cavalry Division, Citizen Military Forces, with Headquarters at Seymour and depots along the Goulburn Valley from Mansfield to Tocumwal in southern NSW. In December 1941, 20th Light Horse (Victorian Mounted Rifles) converted from horse to mechanised, initially as 20th Motor Regiment. In 1943 the Regiment was deployed to Merauke, Dutch New Guinea. Upon its return in April 1945, the Regiment was redesignated 20th Pioneer Battalion. It was disbanded following the end of the war. 20th Light Horse was the only light horse regiment to serve overseas in WWII.
- Rare copy of Regimental magazine published on return from overseas service WW11
- In ink along boind edge page 3 " V.G. Groutsch "
- 3 Dec 2019 at 11:00AM