Wally Ives was a fruiterer who had a shop in Union Road. He was an active participant in the Empire Day parades of the 1930s.
The donor Jean Boucher was the daughter of Wally Ives. She was an early active member of the History Nook at the Surrey Hills Neighbourhood Centre and member of the Surrey Hills Historical Society.
The Oakland Motor Car Company was based in Pontiac, Michigan and was a division of General Motors. Although it was purchased by General Motors in 1909, the company continued to produce modestly priced automobiles until 1931 when the brand was dropped in favour of the division's Pontiac make.
B&W photo of a decorated vehicle (Oakland car) parked in a street without kerbs or guttering.
There is a Victorian-style house in the background.
Inscriptions & markings
38. in black pen in top LH corner.