Document,leaflet 'Brief History of the City of Moorabbin 1850 - 1934'
From the Collection of City of Moorabbin Historical Society (Operating the Box Cottage Museum) Joyce Park Jasper Road Ormond Victoria
- 1 x A4 printed both sides, black and white, folded x 3
- A4 1page
- city of moorabbin, county of bourke, moorabbin roads board, parish of moorabbin, shire of moorabbin, henry dendy's special survey 1841, were j.b.; bent thomas, o'shannassy john, king richard, charman s, highett william, ormond francis, maynard dennis,
- 2015 CMHS members D. Maynard. Fran & Holger Bader compiled this Leaflet to provide a condensed information Leaflet about the origin and development of the area known as 'The City of Moorabbin' from 1850 -1994.
Topics ; Aboriginal Bunurrung people, Henry Dendy's Special Survey 1841 in County of Bourke ; J.B Were, land agent, Pastoralists/ Squatters John O'Shannassy, Richard & John King, Moysey Family, Alexander MacDonald; Parish of Moorabbin Land Developers 1850 J.Holloway, A. Balcombe, D.Wickham, S. Charman, Keys Family; Road District of Moorabbin 1862 - 1870; Shire of Moorabbin 1871 - 1934; City of Moorabbin 1934 - 94; Amalgamation of Councils 1994 divided the City of Moorabbin between the Cities of Glen Eira, Bayside, Kingston and Monash; Origin of suburb names,
- D. Maynard, Fran & Holger Bader (CMHS members)
- This Leaflet was compiled in 2015 to provide a condensed history of the area known as 'The City of Moorabbin' for visitors , schools and local community
- page 1 'BRIEF HISTORY OF THE CITY OF MOORABBIN' ; CITY OF MOORABBIN /1934-1994
page 2 'CITY OF MOORABBIN / 1934 - 94
- 6 Oct 2018 at 10:29PM