Magazine - Extra Muros: Ballarat Teachers' College Magazine, 1948
From the Collection of Federation University Australia Historical Collection (Geoffrey Blainey Research Centre) Federation University Australia, Mt Helen Campus Federation University Australia E.J. Barker Library (top floor) Mount Helen Victoria
- Blue soft covered magazine of the Ballarat Teachers' College. Contents include:
* Foreward by Principal Frank Lord "Ich Dien"
* Highlights of the College Year
* Review of Teacher-Training System
Photographic reproductions include:
* 1948 staff and students
* Magazine Committee
* Group Leaders and Student Council
* Sports Committee
* Social Committee
- ballarat teachers' college, frank lord, i. ellwood, m. smale, j. cleland, j. groves, r. lockhart, a. mclachlan, j. coad, c. mansfield, b. thomas, h. frank, r. osborne, m. eichler, n. raggart, r. boatman, g. groutasch, j. forrest, g. golder, m. raisbeck, l. guest, l. morrison, j. pell, d. hunt, p. fuller, m. schier, m. klein, g. denning, w. e. denning, al witney, joyce kennedy, keith mclean, trudy kentish, jack mallett, bill henderson, beth leslie, john o'shannessy, gwen clucas, monica miller, p. hamano
- During 1948 Principal Frank Lord, a Gallopili verteran, gave an inspiring address reminding students of the great sacrifice made by teh Anzacs at Gallipoli. "These men set a high standard whoch has been followed by men of the second World War. We as teachers can help set standards amongst the children we are priviledged to teach, and this we have an important task to do. We also must pay particular care to children of the men who fought and died in the two Great Wars thorugh which our country has passed."
- Inside front cover "Monica Miller"
- 6 Nov 2018 at 4:52PM