Historical information

Jubilee Reunion 12/12/1936 School No. 2778 established 1886 at first using a Recreation Hall in Albany Crescent near the corner of Windsor Crescent, Surrey Hills. Surrey Hills was first subdivided into urban blocks in 1883 when the train line to Lilydale was opened. Previously the children of local farmers walked to Balwyn school or to a small school in St. Brigids Church which was on the northeast corner of the present Riversdale Road, and Warrigal Road Church. This photo is at Surrey school via Chatham School archives.

Physical description

Photo of a group of past scholars attending a Jubilee Social on 12 December 1936.

Inscriptions & markings

On front of photo: Old scholars reunion Jubilee Social Surrey Hills No 2778 / 12.12.36