Stories Organisations Projects About Login

Photographic Portrait

From the Collection of Ruyton Heritage Collection, Ruyton Girls' School, Kew 12 Selbourne Road Kew Victoria

Full length, sepia toned studio portrait of Mrs Marion Henty (b.1838-d.1919). Mrs Henty is standing, hold holds a book in front of her while looking to her left.
Object Registration
ruyton girls' school, marion henty, henry henty, tarring, kew, selbourne road, 1890s, marion mckellar
Historical information
Marion Anne McKellar, the daughter of William Gilbert McKellar and Maria Jones was born in 1838. She married Henry Henty in 1859 and they had 9 children. She died in June 1919.

Henry Henty and his wife Marion had ‘Tarring’, Kew built for their family in 1872. The Henty family resided at ‘Tarring’ until the death of Marion Henty in 1919. ‘Tarring’ was then sold to Ruyton Girls’ School, and the School moved to the site, (now 12 Selbourne Rd, Kew) in 1920. ‘Tarring’ was renamed ‘Henty House’ in honour of its original owners.

When Made
Last updated
31 Aug 2020 at 3:02PM